Many homeowners may think of a lawn sprinkler or irrigation system as a luxury that they can do without; but did you know that in some cases, it can be a necessity?
In fact, many homeowners don't realize how much water their yards use until they get their monthly water bill. Upgrading your irrigation system can help you save money on your bill and keep your yard looking healthy and green all year long (or at least until winter comes).
If you're considering upgrading your irrigation system, read on for tips on what to look for.
Why is it time to update your irrigation system?
There are a few reasons why you may need to upgrade your irrigation system. Here are just a few:
- Your older sprinklers stopped working correctly.
- The system may be leaking in more than one place, causing inconsistency in the coverage of your lawn.
- You may also notice that areas of your lawn are getting too much or too little water.
- The sprinklers may not be coming up as high as they were designed, so they won't be able to water efficiently enough.
Upgrading a new irrigation system can solve these problems and help maintain a healthy lawn.
What are the benefits of upgrading your irrigation system?
When it comes to your lawn, there’s nothing more important than ensuring it gets the right amount of water. Too much and you’ll waste money on your water bill; too little and your grass will suffer.
- Save time and money: An automatic sprinkler or irrigation system is the best way to ensure your lawn always looks its best. In addition to saving you time and effort, an upgraded system can also save you money in the long run.
- Improve watering efficiency: With a new system, you’ll be able to program it to water your lawn only when necessary, which means you won’t have to worry about overwatering or underwatering ever again.
Additionally, newer systems are often more efficient than older ones, so you’ll save money on your monthly water bill. Upgrade your sprinkler system today and start enjoying a healthier, happier lawn tomorrow.
- Improve property value: Upgrading your sprinkler system can have a significant impact on the value of your property. A well-maintained lawn and landscaping can add up to 20% to the value of your home, according to the National Association of Realtors. And if you’re looking to sell your business, a beautiful landscape can increase its value by up to 15%.
How do modern sprinkler innovations help?
Let’s dive deeper into irrigation technology.
Imagine being able to program your sprinklers from your smartphone or tablet while you’re away on vacation. New irrigation products make this possible, and they can do much more.
You can set sprinklers to water only when needed, and they can sense rainfall and adjust accordingly. Some models even come with built-in weather stations that gather data to optimize watering schedules.
In addition to saving water, these products can also save you money on your water bill. And with features like automatic shut-off and leak detection, they can also save you the hassle of dealing with flooding or leaks.
With so many benefits, it’s no wonder that new irrigation products are gaining popularity. If you’re still using an old sprinkler system, it might be time to upgrade.
Keep your lawn looking its best by having regular checks completed on your sprinkler system. Ensure it’s running at its best for years to come and replace when necessary!
For help in the greater Buxton, Maine area with your landscaping needs, contact us at Prime Cut Landscaping & Lawn Care today!